Before it was all about connecting with family and friends, but now you can go on there for your entertainment which is why all our friends are there.
Facebook has officially one billion active users, Facebook CEO and co-founder Mark Zuckerberg has announced in an official blog post.
In other words about 6 billion people around the world DON’T have Facebook. i.e. Facebook reaches one in almost seven. This is also a good news for SEO too, because the more visitors on Facebook the traffic to our websites.
10 Facts and Figures about Facebook as at September 14, 2012
- – 1 billion Monthly active users
- – 2nd most visited website Only Google gets more
- – Over 552 million Daily active users
- – 500 million Number of hours spent on the site each month
- – Over 1.13 trillion likes since launch in February 2009
- – 140.3 billion friend connections
- – 219 billion photos uploaded
- – 17 billion location-tagged posts, including check-in
- – 62.6 million songs have been played 22 billion times – that’s about 210,000 years of music
- – 3000 Number of Facebook employees