According to a recent study compiled by the Foreign Office, the internet has witnessed tremendous gains since its existence and seems to be on the increase.
- In developed countries, more children aged two to five can use a smartphone (19 percent) than can tie their shoelaces (nine per cent).
- The average smartphone has more computing power than all of NASAin 1969, the year it put man on the moon.
- Almost £5 trillion exchanges hands via e-commerce.
- Facebook has 800 million- equivalent to the world’s population in 1750.
- More than 150 years of youtube videos is watched on Facebook everyday.
- 140 million tweets are sent everyday.
- South Korea plans to spend more than £1.3 billion on ebooks and tablets in a drive to eliminate the use of paper in schools by 2015.
- By 2015, one million minutes of video will cross the web a second.
Is the Internet on Steroids ?